The Board is committed to ensuring effective governance practices which reflect accountability, transparency and professional integrity within an inclusive framework. QTMB’s governance practices are founded on its Constitution and on best practice.
Board of Directors
The Directors are responsible for the Corporate Governance practices of QTMB. The primary responsibilities of the Board include:
- The approval of the Annual Financial Statements.
- The establishment of the long-term goals of QTMB and strategic plan to achieve those goals.
- The development of policies for the efficient management of QTMB.
- The review and adoption of annual budgets for the financial performance of QTMB and monitoring the results on a monthly basis.
- The implementation of adequate systems of internal controls, together with appropriate monitoring of compliance activities.
- The employment of the CEO and the evaluation of his performance.
The Board shall comprise a minimum of seven (7), and a maximum of nine (9) Directors including any casual vacancies of elected Directors that may occur from time to time. Elected Directors serve a three-year term, retiring by rotation at the Annual General Meeting closest to the expiration of the term. Nominations are called for candidates for election, including retiring Directors offering themselves for re-election, to fill vacancies. A postal ballot is conducted where the number of candidates exceeds the number of vacancies. The Constitution also has provisions relating to the appointment of Directors by the Board.
Our Board Members
For more information on any of the Board Members, just click on their name below.